- 2 1/2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 large store-bought flatbread
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400º. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil and butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add red pepper flakes and continue to cook, 1 minute more. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Sear 2 minutes per side. Deglaze pan with lemon juice until most of the liquid has evaporated, then remove from heat.
- Place flatbread on a baking sheet and brush with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups mozzarella and top with shrimp mixture. Top with remaining mozzarella and bake until cheese is melty and flatbread golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes, parsley, and lemon zest.